Thursday 4 September 2014

September Goals

4 days into the new month and here are my new goals. I could tell you that I've been pondering everything I seek to achieve but that'd be a little fib, truthfully I've decided to set goals to push myself this month to be the best I can be.

Finish the She Reads Truth Hosea study

When this community of women started their web-based bible study two years ago I was struggling to find devotionals that I could relate to. I was living in Korea at the time and discovered She Reads Truth through Instagram. I was hooked. The women who wrote the devotionals were so real, so truthful and not prejudiced. They've released an app on both Apple and Android or can be found at www.shereadstruth.com. I've not been brilliant at keeping up with the studies in recent months and I really want to improve discipline in this area.

Run at least twice a week

I went running the other day for the first time in a couple of months and as usual, it almost killed me. It's tough, it's gruelling, it can be embarrassing, but it feels so good to push myself in this way both physically and emotionally.

Try new recipes from my cookbooks

Fuelled by my last post, I'm determined to get those pretty cookbooks off my bookshelf and see what delicious meals I can create. The trickiest will be Korean food as I don't believe I can do it justice but it's worth a try!

Have my first dinner party with friends

Those meals I've cooked are going to have to be tried by many mouths to get a true judgement on my efforts. I've also not had a dinner party in my new place yet so this needs to be done!

Print holiday snaps and use them in decor

Pinterest is to blame for this goal. Pretty frames, pegs and string, scrapbook collages, they all need to be made. Hopefully they'll all look great, fingers crossed!

Check back in October to see how I've done on these goals. I've kept the list short; no need to be too enthusiastic, I've already lost 4 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think